Choose a Colour You’ll Love
CertaPro Painters® of the Okanagan offers you time with our professional colour consultant to help make the colour selection process simple and stress free. To help get you started, the CertaPro Painters MyPaint Colours™ visualizer allows you to virtually paint the interior and exterior of your home and choose the colours you like.
Interior and Exterior Paint Colour Tips
Here are top exterior and interior painting ideas to keep in mind while you choose a palette for your project.
- Drive through various neighborhoods and take note of appealing exterior paint colour schemes and adaptability to your own home.
- Define the entry. Use exterior paint colour as a “Welcome” sign to your home.
- Determine the mood you want to create with the room. Warmer tones are friendly and inviting. Cooler tones create calm and relaxing spaces.
- Think about ‘flow’ and how the colours of neighboring rooms will work together. Very dark to very light transitions, or transitions from rooms with highly contrasting colours can either be jarring or invigorating.
- Keeping the trim all one colour provides continuity as you move from room to room. Stark white in a semi- or full-gloss creates a very formal look.
Ready to have your home professionally transformed with interior and exterior painting?